These cookies have the look, flavour and smell of seasonal cookies and whenever we think of Pumpkin Thanksgiving cookies, they remind us of Fall. They are spongy and soft and these cookies go well when you try to decorate and serve them with cream cheese frosting. In order to achieve that smooth texture, a suggestion is to add oil such as the canola oil or corn oil, any other flavourless oil instead of butter like what normal cookies have. Of course, life’s getting easier and we can find canned pumpkin nowadays but make sure don’t buy the ones with spice in it. So let’s start baking!
1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of shortening
1 can of pumpkin
4 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of soda
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 or 2 cups of nuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting :
4 ounces of room temperature regular / low fat cream cheese
2 tablespooms unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup of confectioners’ (powdered or icing) sugar
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Prepration Instructions of Pumpkin Cookies :
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease cookiesheets.
- Cream butter, sugar and egg, vanilla and pumpkin, beat them all until light and fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients, beat in cup by cup, mix all well.
- Drop on cookie sheets by teaspoonfulls, leave space they will spread out.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until firm and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheets, cool on racks.
- As for the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter until you get soft and creamy mixture of them then add in confectioners sugar and vanilla and keep beating them. The spread on the cooled down cookies.
These are perfect for your Thanksgiving party. Happy Thanksgiving and Enjoy!