Last week, we’ve talked about Mocha Truffles and how amazing it is to have those rich mocha truffles melting in our mouth whenever we take a bite of it. This week, we’re still going to discuss about truffles but with a slight change in the flavour and the colour. These strawberry truffles are perfect for Valentine Days or as a gift for someone’s celebrating birthday or even as an anniversary’s present. This recipe makes about 18 truffles
8 oz. of cream cheese at room temperature
5 oz. of white chocolate
4 cups of confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp. of grated fresh ginger root
18 medium fresh strawberries
1/4 cup finely minced crystallized ginger (get it in a gourmet food store or well stocked supermarket)
1/2 cup toasted coconut
1/2 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
Preparation Instructions of Strawberry Truffles :
- Melt white choclate in the top of a double boiler, let cool.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and ginger root until smooth.
- Add melted white chocolate and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Use a small melon baller (or small spoon) to scoop out the center of each strawberry, half way down each fruit. Pat strawberry dry.
- Put a little crystallized ginger into each strawberry.
- Shape the cheese mixture around the fruit.
- Coat one end in the toasted coconut, the other in the pistachio nuts.
- Place truffles in candy cups and chill until serving time.