Need something spicy but tasty? Last week, we’ve talked about Molasses Elephant Cookies and we already mentioned that the large cookies have some spicy flavours in it. This week, we bring you the Norwegian Spice Christmas cookies! You’ll get the wonderful taste of spicy mixed together in these Christmas cookies and this is definitely amazing!
1 cup and 2 tablespoon of sugar
1 cup of maple syrup
3/ 4 cup water
1 ¼ cups of butter or margarine
7 ½ cups of flour
1 tablespoon of cloves
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of pepper
1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder
These cookies are pretty easy to make and you can always use the cookie molds for most of the dough and then just rolled the rest. Just like Molasses Elephant Cookies, the dough for these spice cookies is much easier to work with when chilled. Although you can use margarine for this one, we still recommend for you to use butter instead. Don’t forget to glaze the tops with egg white and happy baking everyone! Oh, this recipe yield 18 dozen.
Preparation Instructions of Norwegian Spice Christmas Cookies :
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Melt sugar, syrup, water and butter together. Let cool.
- Add spices and baking powder to flour.
- Mix syrupy mixture into flour mixture by hand.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour.
- Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Serve or store in airtight containers.
Enjoy these delightful addition to your Christmas Cookie Recipes