This recipe of tasty-looking Peanut Butter Cookies Ala Lois makes 2 dozen cookies and yummy! These cookies will need you to use a fork to make criss cross indentations but, but, but Martha Stewart showed us how smart she is when she pipes those little gullies with chocolate! You can substitute the dark chocolate with white though. Your choice. Happy Baking!
1/2 cup of shortening
1 tablespoon of milk
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
1 ¼ cups of flour
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of salt
Preparation Instructions of Peanut Butter Cookies Ala Lois :
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Cream together; shortening, peanut butter, both sugars and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed for one minute.
- Add egg and milk. Beat until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in flour.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes then remove cookies from cookie sheet onto a cooling rack.